Nice to meet you!
Hi! We are LinkORB — Nice to meet you!
The LinkORB Platform
Our core platform features about 300+ modules that we use to create branch-specific software applications. It is implemented in modern PHP code, which follows PSR-0, 1, and 2 coding conventions, and is using various Symfony core components. It allows us to develop software solutions at a fast pace.
Some of the types of projects we’ve been working on are:
- YMarketing sites with content management, customer profile tracking, user generated content
- Logitics systems managing thousands of stock-units and shipments
- High security medical applications used for millions of patient records
- Mobile apps
- Social network, highly scalable distributed profile and graph system
- Customer portals for invoices, subscriptions, orders, events, etc
- Large event management application, completely automatic thousands of signups, payments, tickets, check-ins and purchases
In short, our projects are very diverse, and there is always a new challenge in sight
Our entire deployment process is fully automated. When new code is pushed to our Github repositories, Jenkins automatically checks out the new source and prepares a build for distribution. Hubot is hanging out in our Deployment room in Hipchat, you can ask him to prepare a new deploy. It will kick in a Capistrano deploy and switches to the new release, without any of our end-users noticing. The new deploy is registered in Graphite.
Stuff we use
Here’s some of the technologies and tools we are using and experimenting with:
- Code management: Github, Jenkins, PHPUnit, Behat, Travis CI
- Storage: MariaDB, MMM, MongoDB, GridFS, S3
- Services: Elastic Search, Etcd, Haproxy/Nginx, Asterisk, ActiveMQ
- Server management: Puppet, Docker
- Frontend: jQuery, Less, Smarty, Twig, AngularJS, Phonegap/Cordova
- Libraries: Symfony, Gaufrette, Doctrine, Whoops, Gelf, Datatable, Hashids
- We run 10-20 deployments into production a day, making sure your development efforts reach our customers as fast as possible.
- We use ‘feature flags’ to experiment with features in production in small end-user groups.
- We never miss a snack-friday®.
- We involve our users (the branch specialists) in product development from start to finish.
- All our internal communication is in English
- We endorse the usage of Lolcommits
We stay in touch through HipChat, which is where we meet up, coordinate and brainstorm. We tend to avoid traditional meetings.
Our projects are managed through our online in-house project managenent tools.
Most of our write-ups and documentation is managed in either Github repos, Google drives or Dropbox
Does this sound like your ideal working environment?
Awesome, we like it too 🙂 We’re always looking for great talents to strengthen our team.